Outlander’s Sam Heughan is set to join Vin Diesel in Bloodshot for Sony Pictures. The pic, which marks Diesel’s first starring superhero film, starts production in July with Dave Wilson directing and Neal H. Moritz producing. The film is casting up quickly, with Eiza Gonzalez and Michael Sheen also coming aboard.
Outlander news from Private Outlander Tours
Bloodshot is a central character in the Valiant Expanded Universe – a comic book universe composed of a diverse array of thousands of characters embodying a wide variety of genres, tones and demographic groups and over 81 million comics sold. Valiant’s superheroes are ordinary people in extraordinary situations rather than gods and demi-gods; they are complex characters that reflect contemporary society, politics, and diversity of the modern world.
Wilson is a director at Blur Studios, the VFX factory owned by Tim Miller, who directed the first Deadpool and is reviving the Terminator franchise. Pic re-teams Fast and the Furious‘ Moritz and Diesel. Sony is hoping to launch a franchise here through the Bloodshot comic universe.
The film fits nicely into Heughan’s hiatus before he returns for Outlander, which recently got a two-season pickup from Starz. Heughan next stars with Kate McKinnon and Mila Kunis in The Spy Who Dumped Me, which Lionsgate releases August 3.
Contact Private tours Edinburgh online or by phone on +447305294773 .
- Whisky tours
- Outlander tours featuring a visit to Lallybroch , Jamie Fraser‘s ancestral home , just 30 minutes from Edinburgh
- Falkirk tours including the amazing Kelpies and the Falkirk Wheel
- Doune Castle tours , Doune featured in Monty Python , Game of Thrones , the Outlaw King and Outlander
- Game of Thrones tours now twice daily at 10 am and 1.30 pm
- Drummond Castle tours , visit Drummond Castle Gardens on our four ancient Scottish castles tour
Did you know ?
Outlander Season 5 premieres on February 16, 2020 on Starz. Additionally, the series has already been renewed for a sixth season.