The Beltane Fire Festival in Edinburgh is inspired by an ancient Celtic rite marking the fruition of spring and the arrival of summer. Festivities begin towards the end of April with a series of events including workshops, walking tours, seminars and exhibitions. The Festival is organised by volunteers of the Beltane Society, which has over 300 members. The 11,500 tickets for the main Fire Festival event usually sell out in advance.
Discover the origins of Beltane and its modern day relevance at a seminar. Guided walking tours visit medicinal herb gardens and historical sites from the Lothians’ pre-Christian past. Perfect the art of body painting or design a Celtic knot at a workshop. The event culminates with the Fire Festival on Calton Hill on the last night of April continuing into the early hours of May Day. pictures of Edinburgh The May Queen and the Green Man, a ubiquitous presence in Celtic mythology, light a bonfire to symbolise the renewal of the earth. Spring wallpapers
Contact Private tours Edinburgh online or by phone on +447305294773 .
- Outlander tours from Edinburgh featuring a visit to Lallybroch , Jamie Fraser‘s ancestral home , just 30 minutes from Edinburgh
- Falkirk tours including the amazing Kelpies and the Falkirk Wheel
- Doune Castle Game of Thrones tours , Doune featured in Monty Python , Game of Thrones , the Outlaw King and Outlander . Listen to Jamie guide you around Castle Leoch in the audio tour .
- Game of Thrones tours now twice daily at 10 am and 1.00 pm
- Drummond Castle tours , visit Drummond Castle Gardens on our four ancient Scottish castles tour
Did you know ?
Outlander Season 5 premieres on February 16, 2020 on Starz. Additionally, the series has already been renewed for a sixth season.
Jamie Fraser Outlander tours