A Scottish castle hotel is beating the credit crunch with news of a major expansion
Hotel owner Steven McLeod has bought Melville Castle Hotel near Edinburgh and intends to develop it into a five-star spa and event facility.
Melville Castle Hotel is due to open in March after a comprehensive refurbishment with an extra 50 staff .
However, the redevelopment doesn’t stop there and there are plans for a further 120 bedrooms, a luxury spa, a steakhouse, fine dining restaurant and meeting and event facilities for more than 500 guests.
The 33-year-old is in talks with Historic Scotland with the aim of submitting plans for the new venue within the next 18 months. The hotel is set in a 60-acre estate on the banks of the North Esk river.
The new development will create 1500 construction jobs .
Mr McLeod said: “We are facing difficult economic times but it is at times like these we have to stick together.” Guide to best hotels in Scotland
Contact Private tours Edinburgh online or by phone on +447305294773 .
- Whisky tours
- Outlander tours featuring a visit to Lallybroch , Jamie Fraser‘s ancestral home , just 30 minutes from Edinburgh
- Falkirk tours including the amazing Kelpies and the Falkirk Wheel
- Doune Castle tours , Doune featured in Monty Python , Game of Thrones , the Outlaw King and Outlander
- Game of Thrones tours now twice daily at 10 am and 1.30 pm
- Drummond Castle tours , visit Drummond Castle Gardens on our four ancient Scottish castles tour
Did you know ?
Outlander Season 5 premieres on February 16, 2020 on Starz. Additionally, the series has already been renewed for a sixth season.