Explore the famous Kelpies , the Falkirk Wheel and Callendar House in Falkirk . Normal pickup point is Edinburgh city centre . Five hour private tour around Falkirk for up to four passengers. Tours start at 10 am weekdays and 1.30 pm weekends.
Explore the famous Kelpies , the Falkirk Wheel and Callendar House in Falkirk .
Tours start at 10 am weekdays and 1.30 pm weekends
Normal pickup point is Edinburgh city centre or the airport
- 5 hour private tour group day trip around Falkirk
- Explore the world famous Kelpies , a tribute to the Clydesdale horses that used to pull barges along the canals of Scotland
- the Falkirk Wheel , a unique rotating boat lift
- historic Callendar House featuring a working kitchen
- Take in unique views of the historic Callendar House and Park
- Small private group tour with a maximum of 4 people
Callendar House has just received a five-star rating from VisitScotland. The 14th century building, set within Callendar Park and opened to the public in 1996 after centuries as a family home with links to Mary Queen of Scots, has achieved the national tourism organisation’s top-quality award. The House dates back to the 14th century. Bonnie Prince Charlie was also a visitor to the house.
Scenes from hit TV series Outlander were filmed in Callendar House .
For categories including core experience, catering, hospitality, friendliness, staff efficiency and cleanliness it reached “exceptional” standard following a Quality Assurance visit.
The house is a credit to the local area and is a fantastic free day out. It features art, history, interactive fun and a warm welcome from the team, all set within beautiful parklands. Also possibly the best cakes in Falkirk in the tearoom.
The House, which sits along a stretch of the Antonine Wall, is also a member of VisitScotland’s Taste Our Best and VIP schemes. It boasts a working 19th century kitchen where costumed staff create an interactive experience for visitors and offer samples of early 1800s food as well as a museum which details the story of the house and area covering the 11th to 19th centuries.
Falkirk’s tourism offering going from strength to strength as it becomes the third five-star attraction in the area.
Our tour of Falkirk features a visit to the world famous Kelpies , the Falkirk Wheel and Callendar House.
We stop for up to an hour at each location .
Lunch and refreshments are not included . Phone 07305-294773 to make a booking or contact us online .
Contact Private tours Edinburgh online or by phone on +447305294773 .
- Whisky tours
- Outlander tours featuring a visit to Lallybroch , Jamie Fraser’s ancestral home , just 30 minutes from Edinburgh
- Falkirk tours including the amazing Kelpies and the Falkirk Wheel
- Doune Castle tours , Doune featured in Monty Python , Game of Thrones , the Outlaw King and Outlander