Outlander star Sam Heughan joined a star-studded guest list to help launch the Glasgow International festival’s opening party this weekend.
More than 1,200 art lovers, artists and revellers joined the celebrations at SWG3, including Britpop legend Jarvis Cocker and fashion designer Pam Hogg.
Guests were treated to previews of four exhibitions, including jewellery designs by Judy Blame, the legendary artist – known for working with Neneh Cherry and Boy George – who passed away earlier this year.
The DIY bedroom brand winning over Glasgow’s fashion-conscious youth
A Roomful of Lovers (Glasgow) by Richard Wentworth and Victoria Miguel was shown in the Galvanisers, with strings of heavy steel chains criss crossing across the huge space and dangling sheets of text.
Jarvis Cocker and Steve Mackey brought their Dancefloor Meditations for some escapist fun, with party goers taken on a ‘mind-altering journey into musical consciousness’ – all in complete darkness, and with music ranging from iconic dance numbers to Marvin Gaye’s Sexual Healing.
The Pulp frontman’s appearance in Yorkhill was followed by a quick visit to Mono for Record Store Day on Saturday, as reported on Glasgow Live.
Glasgow trio launch online gallery and store to encourage people to buy more original artworks
The biggest festival for contemporary visual art in Scotland, Glasgow International runs for three weeks, with 265 artists and 78 venues across the city involved.
It’s on until May 7 and you can find out more over at glasgowinternational.org.
Contact Private tours Edinburgh online or by phone on +447305294773 .
- Outlander tours from Edinburgh featuring a visit to Lallybroch , Jamie Fraser‘s ancestral home , just 30 minutes from Edinburgh
- Falkirk tours including the amazing Kelpies and the Falkirk Wheel
- Doune Castle Game of Thrones tours , Doune featured in Monty Python , Game of Thrones , the Outlaw King and Outlander . Listen to Jamie guide you around Castle Leoch in the audio tour .
- Game of Thrones tours now twice daily at 10 am and 1.00 pm
- Drummond Castle tours , visit Drummond Castle Gardens on our four ancient Scottish castles tour
Did you know ?
Outlander Season 5 premieres on February 16, 2020 on Starz. Additionally, the series has already been renewed for a sixth season.
Jamie Fraser Outlander tours