The Outlander TV series has been a huge hit on both sides of the Atlantic , with much of the series shot in Scotland . Three castles and the town of Falkland feature heavily. This our selection of unique Outlander gifts featuring the film locations in Scotland .
Doune Castle – Castle Leoch
Originally dating to the 13th Century, Doune Castle near Stirling plays Castle Leoch, home to Colum MacKenzie and his clan.
It also features in the 20th century episode when Claire and Frank Randall visit the castle on a day trip.
Once a Royal residence, Doune Castle was rebuilt by Robert Stewart, Duke of Albany in the late 14th Century.
Doune has appeared several times on screen and was widely used in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It also represented the castle Winterfell in Game of Thrones.
Linlithgow Palace – Wentworth Prison
This royal pleasure palace and birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots became the backdrop for some of the most harrowing scenes of the show.
Depicted as Wentworth Prison, the prison corridors and entrance were used in episode 15 of the first series when Jamie Fraser was brutally incarcerated by his adversary, Black Jack Randall.
Built in the 1400s and 1500s, the now-ruined palace is set among the spectacular surrounds of Linlithgow Loch and Peel.
38 different gifts available
Linlithgow Palace featured in the Netflix movie the Outlaw King , Robert the Bruce
Blackness Castle – Fort William army headquarters
One of Scotland’s most impressive strongholds, Blackness Castle near Linlithgow was used as the Fort William headquarters of Black Jack Randall.
The 15th-century ex-artillery fortress overlooks the Firth of Forth and is known as “the ship that never sailed” due to its unusual shape.
It was built in the 15th century by one of Scotland’s most powerful families, the Crichtons.
Contact Private tours Edinburgh online or by phone on +447305294773 .
- Outlander tours from Edinburgh featuring a visit to Lallybroch , Jamie Fraser‘s ancestral home , just 30 minutes from Edinburgh
- Falkirk tours including the amazing Kelpies and the Falkirk Wheel
- Doune Castle Game of Thrones tours , Doune featured in Monty Python , Game of Thrones , the Outlaw King and Outlander . Listen to Jamie guide you around Castle Leoch in the audio tour .
- Game of Thrones tours now twice daily at 10 am and 1.00 pm
- Drummond Castle tours , visit Drummond Castle Gardens on our four ancient Scottish castles tour
Did you know ?
Outlander Season 5 premieres on February 16, 2020 on Starz. Additionally, the series has already been renewed for a sixth season.
Jamie Fraser Outlander tours