Sam Heughan ( Jamie Fraser ) shares about his early years before Outlander
“When I was a child I was lucky to get taken to a lot of live shows by my parents, then I moved to Edinburgh as a young teenager. They had a free ticket scheme for previews at the Lyceum Theatre and we would regularly attend. It was a great insight into the acting world as sometimes things would go wrong and you’d see “behind the curtain” many a time – it made me realise there was a whole world of people working behind the scenes and all the hard work that goes into a single production.”
Sam had a few jobs before his acting career took off – “I applied to go to university to study film and English. I knew I was interested but didn’t know how to get into the industry. After taking two years out I finally applied for drama school. During that time (and in fact more as a “jobbing actor” I’ve done a whole variety of things: Bar/cafe work, an usher at the theatre, reception work, worked at Harrods, delivered sandwiches by bicycle in winter, temp at NHS and most proudly I served whisky at a sushi bar. ”
Private tours Edinburgh – unique tours of Scotland 7 days a week – phone 0131-549-9785
Contact Private tours Edinburgh online or by phone on +447305294773 .
- Outlander tours from Edinburgh featuring a visit to Lallybroch , Jamie Fraser‘s ancestral home , just 30 minutes from Edinburgh
- Falkirk tours including the amazing Kelpies and the Falkirk Wheel
- Doune Castle Game of Thrones tours , Doune featured in Monty Python , Game of Thrones , the Outlaw King and Outlander . Listen to Jamie guide you around Castle Leoch in the audio tour .
- Game of Thrones tours now twice daily at 10 am and 1.00 pm
- Drummond Castle tours , visit Drummond Castle Gardens on our four ancient Scottish castles tour
Did you know ?
Outlander Season 5 premieres on February 16, 2020 on Starz. Additionally, the series has already been renewed for a sixth season.
Jamie Fraser Outlander tours