Edinburgh travel tips
Edinburgh welcomes millions of travellers every year eager to enjoy the sights of an amazing city .Here are my two top travel tips for anyone visiting the capital for the first time .
1 Castle explorer pass
Scotland has over a thousand castles . Whether you are an Outlander or a Game of Thrones fan or just fascinated with history , Scotland is the best place in the world to explore castles . Edinburgh Castle is probably the most famous castle in the UK. If you want to visit a few castles during your stay I recommend an Explorer Pass , available from Historic Environment Scotland . The pass allows you skip the line entry to all of the castle and country houses run by HES , including Edinburgh Castle, Stirling , Doune and Blackness Castle , Linlithgow Palace and many more places. Castle tours are available from Private tours Edinburgh .
Phone 0131 549 9785 for details of our daily tours from Edinburgh
2 UK SIM card
For most of us internet access on our phone is essential to keep up with email and social media. Most phone , electrical shops and supermarkets in Edinburgh can supply a UK SIM card for your phone with special deals on data for a month for up to £10.
Contact Private tours Edinburgh online or by phone on +447305294773 .
- Outlander tours from Edinburgh featuring a visit to Lallybroch , Jamie Fraser‘s ancestral home , just 30 minutes from Edinburgh
- Falkirk tours including the amazing Kelpies and the Falkirk Wheel
- Doune Castle Game of Thrones tours , Doune featured in Monty Python , Game of Thrones , the Outlaw King and Outlander . Listen to Jamie guide you around Castle Leoch in the audio tour .
- Game of Thrones tours now twice daily at 10 am and 1.00 pm
- Drummond Castle tours , visit Drummond Castle Gardens on our four ancient Scottish castles tour
Did you know ?
Outlander Season 5 premieres on February 16, 2020 on Starz. Additionally, the series has already been renewed for a sixth season.
Jamie Fraser Outlander tours